Thursday, September 24

A Warm Frozen Treat


A blog is the last thing I thought I would do. It’s not original and I am not the first person to think of it. There are thousands of food blogs. It is about trying to be even more original than the next person and writing it better.


It is the same thing with food. When I look at a recipe the first thing that comes to my mind is how I would change it. One Cook’s Nook recipes are about taking one thing and making it something original.


Last month’s
Bon Appetite had frozen oatmeal cookies. This means you can roll them in a log, cut, and cook as needed (perfect for one). I thought it was a great idea, but I didn’t want oatmeal cookies. I am stuffing sugar cookies.




Stuffed Frozen Sugar Cookies


2/3 Cup Butter, Melted and Cooled

2/4 Cup Sugar

1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder

1/4 Teaspoon Salt

1 Egg

1 Tablespoon Creamer (I used french vanilla)

1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

2 Cups of Flour

1 Tablespoon of Filling (Examples: Blueberry Jam, Strawberry Jam, Cream Cheese, Mascarpone, Nutella, 1 oz Dark Chocolate Square, Peanut Butter, Almond Butter… I can do this all day but I won’t!)


Mix butter, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Make sure the ingredients are mixed really well. Add the egg and the creamer. Slowly add the flour 1/3 cup at a time and just mix until the flour is incorporated. You don’t want to over-mix the cookies. Place batter in the fridge for about 2 hours until it’s easier to mold. Then roll into a log about 2 to 3 inches in diameter. Now you can freeze the cookie dough for about a month.


When you’re ready to bake a cookie, pre-heat the oven to 350
°. Cut off two rounds about 1/4 inch in thickness. You can warm the rounds up in your hands, which will make them easier to mold together. Place your preferred filling in the middle of the cookie dough. Make sure there are no cracks and the filling is about 1/2 inch from the edge. Then place the other cookie round on top and seal them together, making sure there are no cracks. Bake in the oven for about 17-20 minutes, or until the bottom edge begins to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment