Friday, September 18

One Cold Away


For the last week and a half I have had a cold. It had a horrible cough that kept me up most of the night. It came to a head this morning when I lost my voice completely.

I went to the doctor early this morning to find out I have an ear and throat infection. The doctor told me that my throat was actually very horrible looking. So I received some antibiotics and was sent on my way.

After taking my first dose I decided I was feeling well enough to cook. I wanted a one-pot meal that didn’t take any effort to cook but would give me the important vitamins I needed!


Spinach and Cannelloni Beans

1 Cup Fresh Spinach or 1/2 Cup Frozen Spinach

1 Piece of Bacon, Minced

1 Tablespoon Onion, Minced

1 Tablespoon Butter

1 Roasted Red Pepper, Sliced

1/4 Cup Chicken Stock

1/2 Can Cannelloni Beans (also called Kidney Beans)

Salt and Pepper


In a large saucepan over medium-low heat melt the butter. Add the bacon and onions to butter and sauté for approximately 5 minutes or until the onions are soft. Add red pepper and just toss in pan. If you’re using fresh spinach add the chicken stock first and then fresh spinach. Cover and cook until spinach is just starting to wilt, about 3 to 5 minutes. If using frozen spinach, add both chicken stock and spinach. Cook only until the stock begins to simmer, about 2 minutes. Rinse cannelloni beans and add, toss in pan with salt and pepper. Cook until the stock has reduced by half, about 5 to 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment