Thursday, July 30

Oh My Darlin'... Lemon Thyme


Cooking is an activity I enjoy and find challenging. A spatula has always been in my hand either stirring salads or scraping batter from the bowl. Something, I believe, that comes naturally, as if I was putting a puzzle together.

My boyfriend, on the other hand, has begun his culinary journey recently. Spices seem as if they have just been brought on the East India Trading Company. Complex flavors can be a bit confusing for him.

This recipe was enjoyable for him and very easy with his busy schedule. Whenever I have a busy day, I like to reach for an old friend: Lemon Thyme Chicken Breast. It can marinate all day or even over night. To pound or butterfly (cutting the breast in half parallel to the counter) the chicken is preferable because after a long day, it cooks faster.





Lemon Thyme Chicken Breast

1 Chicken Breast, preferable pounded or butterflyed

2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice

1 Tablespoon Thyme (or Rosemary)

Salt and Pepper

Mix oil, thyme (or rosemary), salt, pepper, and lemon juice in a resalable plastic bag or plastic container. Shake vigorously. Place chicken in the bag. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. No oil or butter is needed to cook the chicken in a fry pan for about 5 minutes over medium heat on each side or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment